Saturday, June 15, 2013

Card Keepers Hiatus

Hi everyone! I sincerely apologize for having to shut down the Card Keepers ARG. I'm just too overwhelmed to keep running it smoothly this summer. In addition to staying home with my two young children all summer, I'm also teaching summer school online and trying to finish a book that is behind deadline. I've also decided, for various reasons, that summer is a terrible time to both write and play ARGs.

The Card Keepers is a really special and important project to me, and I have BIG plans for it. If you enjoyed playing Part I this past spring, I promise there will be better things to come. I have fallen in love with the characters, the story, and the world in which it all takes place. There are threads to many of the stories that have yet to be told and played-out. I'm excited to develop more around present-day Anna, Aiden, M, Julia, Morgan, Anna's father, etc.

Clearly I bit off more than I can chew this summer and the prequel and Part II were horrible, sloppy, uneven, etc. I promise I won't let that happen again.

My plan is to step away, work on my other responsibilities, get caught up, regroup, and then after I've had a break from it for some time, revisit this ARG and these stories and figure out where I want to go from here.

There will also be a spin-off ARG, "What Happened to Penelope Corwin?" that will begin sometime in the fall (it was originally set for Monday, June 17th, but that's clearly not going to happen).

If you're interested in being a part of that ARG, go ahead and send an email to:

penelopecorwin@yahoo.com

You can also check out the website at:
http://penelopecorwin.blogspot.com

Finally, when I get a chance I will keep blogging here about ARGs in general, my past, current, and future projects, and my creative process. If you want to keep tabs on everything you can follow me on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/alittlesandy

Thank you so much for playing. I can't tell you how much your participation has meant to me. My favorite part of running ARGs will always, always be interacting with the players.

-Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment